ENOPE Congress 2012
1st European congress on patient empowerment 2012
A two-day conference on the contribution of patient and citizen empowerment to the future of health and social care in Europe.
The conference was organised under the auspices of the Danish Presidency of the Council of the European Union – the Ministry of Health, the National Board of Health and in close technical collaboration with the WHO Regional Office for Europe.
Issues such as
• greater access to information and knowledge
• increasing use of social media
• experience with self-management programmes
• the new legal requirements for patient involvement
• the reorganisation of healthcare systems
• the availability of new technologies
were debated by delegates from Europe and by a panel of key policymakers.
Downloads: ENOPE Paper on patient empowerment >>